Kesher is a Wednesday evening program that provides age-appropriate learning and social opportunities for 7th, 8th & 9th grade students.
Kesher, connect or link in Hebrew, is the link between becoming a B’nai Mitzvah (typically in 7th grade) and Confirmation (10th grade). Kesher students:
- Gain a better understanding of issues in ways that challenge their thinking and broaden their perspective,
- Explore topics in age-appropriate groups,
- Take part in interesting discussions and activities to engage their minds,
- Discover a new way to look at issues from a Jewish perspective, and
- Participate in 3-4 week subject rotation, with a fun, social Kesher Connection special program in between each rotation.
- 6:30 pm: Students have the option to come early to socialize and enjoy some Papa John’s pizza.
- 7:00 – 8:15 pm: Kesher Classes
Kesher Connect for Grades 7-12
Wednesdays, February 9, April 27 | 7:00-8:15 pm | B’nai Jehudah
All 7th-12th graders are invited to join us for Kesher Connect. This is a time to gather, socialize, and participate in fun activities and special events. Each Kesher Connect evening offers a different opportunity and give everyone a chance to engage with old and new friends, Kesher teachers, and Temple staff in new and unique ways. Details for Kesher Connect will be announced and emailed ahead of each event. For more information, please contact Kelley Cowman, Religious School and Event Coordinator:firstname.lastname@example.org or 913-663-4050 x204.
We are pleased to offer Shul-ins (overnights) at B’nai Jehudah, created specifically for various tweens & teen stages. We will host dinner, games, dessert, and other activities, and sleep in the Social Hall or Chapel. Bond with your classmates, see what the building looks like after dark, and bring your sleeping bag! Email email@example.com with questions or to sign up your student(s).
7th-8th Grade Shul-in
Saturday, March 19 | 5:00 pm-9:00 am | B’nai Jehudah
9th-12th Grade Shul-in
Saturday, April 9 | 5:00 pm-9:00 am | B’nai Jehudah
6th grade Shul-in
Saturday, April 23 | 5:00 pm-9:00 am | B’nai Jehudah
NFTY-Missouri Valley at GUCI
March 25-27 | Goldman Union Camp Institute (GUCI) – Zionsville, IN
Join other 9th-12th graders from across the region as we gather, learn, and socialize together. We will meet at GUCI, one of the region’s URJ summer camps, and spend the weekend with friends!