Rosh Hashanah Welcoming in 5782
Throughout the High Holy Days, our services will be woven with music and liturgy to create a welcoming and meaningful worship experience.
All indoor Rosh Hashanah services will be virtual only to ensure the health and safety of our community. Please review our at-a-glance Rosh Hashanah listing:
- Rosh Hashanah Morning Service | 10:30 am | virtual
- Shofar in the Park | 2:30 pm | in person (more info/registration below)
STILL HAPPENING! Shofar in the Park | 2:30-5:00 pm
Ironwoods Park Amphitheater, 14701 Mission Road, Leawood, KS
Map of Ironwoods Park
Let’s usher in a great new year together with this fun and festive outdoor Rosh Hashanah experience! Join us, along with our friends from Mesner Puppet Theater for fun and engaging activities and prayer, a Shofar and Tashlich service and more. Bring your own picnic; dessert food trucks will be on-site for FREE! Get your sweet tooth fix with Go-Go Candy, Torched Goodness, and Frosty Treats. Mesner Puppets are made possible through the generosity of Michael Klein. Bring your own blankets/lawn chairs too!
Shofar in the Park is an all-ages event that will also incorporate our Rosh Hashanah Family Service/Puppet experience. Shofar in the Park is open to everyone in the community, regardless of affiliation. Be sure to invite friends with young children to experience High Holy Days with our B’nai Jehudah family.
- 2:30-3:00 & 4:00-5:00 | Activities for All Ages: During these blocks of time we will have the opportunity to participate in about a dozen activities that will allow us to reflect, play, and create using the themes of Rosh Hashanah as our guide.
- 3:00 – 3:50 pm | Family Rosh Hashanah Service: We are delighted that our puppet friends from Mesner Puppet Theater will return for this special, all-ages Shofar Service. The Shofar service will feature our rabbis, a great group of puppeteers, and a really fun story! Together we will sing, pray, and of course hear the booming sounds of the shofar. Our Shofar Service is designed for the youngest members of our congregation (ages birth-7) and their parents, but we welcome all who wish to attend.
- 3:45 pm | Dessert Trucks: Enjoy your own picnic and finish off with a delicious, free dessert from one of three dessert trucks!
- 4:00 pm | Tashlich: This is a beautiful, family-friendly service during which we cast our “sins” into the water while singing and praying that we do better in the coming year.